David’s current professional track in mental health came after stints in journalism, political consulting, and marketing. A firm believer in eclectic interventions, David has been trained in and currently uses DBT, Motivational Interviewing, CBT, NLP, ACT, Psychodynamic principles, and Internal Family Systems. He owns a copyrighted “emotional resiliency” curriculum. He is currently on a consulting team responsible for helping a major county branch develop a safer and more positive workplace culture. David currently serves as a clinical supervisor for a counseling rotation at Bastyr. He has been licensed in the State of Washington as an Independent Clinical Social Worker since 2010.
David’s clinical interests are focused on developing and using eclectic techniques that honor the involved intervention’s fidelity approaches. His emotional resiliency curriculum is an amalgam of DBT, CBT, NLP, emotion focused, and abundance coaching principles. He also develops practical interventions that align closely with research in neurology, neurochemistry, and physiology.
David’s philosophy of care attends to client self-care, mental, physical, and spiritual well-being with an emphasis on working with clients in an easy-going and appropriately humorous manner. He also incorporates each client’s socio-cultural perspective in the healing process.
Past and Current Experience:
Current: David Lim Therapy and Supervision, LLC; Experiential Healing, LLC
- Clinical Program Manager, Atlantic Street Center
- Clinical Program Manager and Supervisor NAVOS Adult Outpatient Program
- LICSW Group facilitator and psychotherapist, Kaiser Permanente
- LICSW therapist and supervisor, Institute for Family Development
- Director of Strategic Communication, UC Irvine
- Director of Marketing, UC Irvine School of Business
- Director of Professional Development and Communication, USC School of Social Work
- Communications and Media Relations Officer, Los Angeles HUD Homeless Services Authority
- Political consultant, N/K Associates, Washington DC
- Former Journalist with two magazine publications and two newspapers
Education & Affiliations:
- MSW in Mental Health, Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work, USC
- MBA in Marketing, Merage School of Business, UC Irvine
- BA and BS Purdue University