Mental Health Counseling Services
Mental attitudes and emotions are important elements of overall health. Our counseling department offers talk therapy support for patients dealing with depression, fatigue, work-related stress, relationship issues, life transitions, and health problems, especially chronic health problems.
Our clinic is ideally suited to provide short-term counseling services via online video meetings. Sessions are 45-minutes long and typically meet once each week for no more than 10 weeks. A Bastyr clinical faculty member oversees the counseling sessions and supervises the clinical counselor trainees. Supervisors may refer to outside services if that is deemed most appropriate. Visits are ALL VIRTUAL! The price for each counseling session is $25.
Patient Intake Forms
If you are interested in Counseling services, please complete the Counseling Intake Forms by downloading (Download free Adobe Reader software) and completing the fillable PDF documents below.
Once you have completed the forms, please return them to the clinic using one of the following methods:
- Fax to us at (858) 246-9710 or email us at [email protected]
- Mail them to Bastyr University Clinic Attn: Medical Records, 4110 Sorrento Valley Blvd., San Diego, CA 92121
- Physically bring a copy to the clinic at the address listed above
- You may also use our patient portal (MyChart) to upload the documents. If you need to activate MyChart, please speak to a Patient Service Representative (PSR) by calling the clinic at (858) 246-9730.
Instructions for Uploading via MyChart * this is best done on a laptop or desktop computer
- Call the clinic at the phone number listed above to let the PSR know you will upload your documents via MyChart. They will send you a message to which you will reply with your uploaded form(s).
- Log into MyChart with your user name and password
- Go to Messaging icon at the top, then click “Message Center.”
- Select the message from the PSR and click “Reply.”
- At the bottom, click “Attach an image.”
- This will open a box for you to search for your saved form(s) and upload.
- Note: You can only upload PDF files
- You can click on the PDF to view and ensure it is the correct file
- If you need to upload another form, you can select “Attach another image”
- Once you upload all documents, click “Send”
What to Expect
If you are accepted as a Counseling client, you will be contacted to schedule your first appointment. If we are unable to provide you services, a Referral Coordinator will contact you with options for support in the community.